Structural Health Monitoring For Advanced Composite Structures (eBook)
Sobre o livro
Structural health monitoring (SHM) is a relatively new and alternative way of non-destructive inspection (NDI). It is the process of implementing a damage detection and characterization strategy for composite structures. The basis of SHM is the application of permanent fixed sensors on a structure, combined with minimum manual intervention to monitor its structural integrity. These sensors detect changes to the material and/or geometric properties of a structural system, including changes to the boundary conditions and system connectivity, which adversely affect the system's performance.
This book's primary focus is on the diagnostics element of SHM, namely damage detection in composite structures. The techniques covered include the use of Piezoelectric transducers for active and passive Ultrasonics guided waves and electromechanical impedance measurements, and fiber optic sensors for strain sensing. It also includes numerical modeling of wave propagation in composite structures. Contributed chapters written by leading researchers in the field describe each of these techniques, making it a key text for researchers and NDI practitioners as well as postgraduate students in a number of specialties including materials, aerospace, mechanical and computational engineering.Contents:
- Damage Detection and Characterization with Piezoelectric Transducers — Active Sensing(Z Sharif Khodaei and M H Aliabadi)
- Modeling Guided Wave Propagation in Composite Structures Using Local Interaction Simulation Approach(Yanfeng Shen and Carlos E S Cesnik)
- Design and Development of a Phased Array System for Damage Detection in Structures(Bruno Rocha, Mehmet Yildiz & Afzal Suleman)
- Degradation Detection in Composite Structures with PZT Transducers(Wiesław M Ostachowicz, Paweł H Malinowski & Tomasz Wandowski)
- Numerical Modelling of Wave Propagation in Composite Structures(Sourav Banerjee)
- SHM of Composite Structures by Fibre Optic Sensors(Alfredo Guemes)
- Impact Detection and Identification with Piezoceramic Sensors — Passive Sensing(Z Sharif Khodaei and M H Aliabadi)
Readership: Researchers and NDI practitioners as well as postgraduate students in a number of specialties including materials, aerospace, mechanical and computational engineering.
Keywords:Structural Health Modelling;Non-Destrctive Inspection;Dignostic SHM;Aerospace Engineering;Microelectromechanical Systems;Acoustic Emission Monitoring;AccelerometersReview:0