Moving Beyond Busy (eBook)
Focusing School Change On Why, What, And How (Student-Centered Strategic Planning For School Improvement)
de Greg Curtis
Sobre o livro
With foreword by Jay McTighe
Break the cycle of endless busywork to achieve sustainable change. With the support ofMoving Beyond Busy by Greg Curtis, you will learn how to commit to a few clear, learning-focused goals -- and then act on them -- using the input-output-impact (I-O-I) framework. This accessible framework simplifies the process of transformation, helping you bridge the gap between your school's mission and vision and real student-centered teaching and learning.
Use this change-management book to develop your strategic plan for school improvement:
- Examine traditional approaches to change management in schools and why they have often been ineffective.
- Study the why-what-how sequence of change and how it provides a path to greater goal clarity and effectiveness.
- Become familiar with the input-output-impact (I-O-I) framework, and understand how to use it to achieve lasting, transformational change.
- Learn key methods for strategic planning in schools and how to enact change in your school.
- Identify ineffective actions to eliminate in order to reduce teacher burnout and free up time and resources for practices that align with the school's mission and vision.
Foreword by Jay McTighe
Chapter 1: Why -- Identifying Problems With the Current Approach to Change
Chapter 2: What -- Realigning Thought and Action
Chapter 3: How -- Putting Impacts at the Center
Chapter 4: How -- Assessing for Impacts
Chapter 5: How -- Designing Systems Around Impacts
Chapter 6: How -- Facilitating Change