Your Edible Yard (eBook)
Landscaping With Fruits And Vegetables
de Crystal Stevens
Sobre o livro
Unleash the potential of your yard by transforming it into a beautiful and vibrant space offering a continuous supply of food
Journey into the good food movement by unleashing the potential of your yard, transforming it into a beautiful and vibrant space that offers a continuous supply of food.
Using dozens of beautiful color photographs and watercolor planting charts, infographics, and landscaping designs,Your Edible Yardis the comprehensive how-to guide you need to turn your yard into a bountiful feast.
- Practical gardening methods and maintenance from weeding to wintering, including foodscaping, container gardening, and saving seeds
- Permaculture principles including soil building techniques, garden preparation, raised beds, and natural/non-toxic DIY pesticide alternatives
- How to integrate culinary and medicinal herbs, edible flowers, mushrooms, fruits, vegetables, and wild edibles
- Gardening resources: where to go for help, buy seeds, and source supplies on a budget
- Instructions on preserving, fermenting, freezing, drying, and making simple medicines
- General tips, such as how to find loopholes in laws preventing edible front yards
Whether you're a beginner gardener in the city, the suburbs, or the country, this manual is the A-Z guide for how to make use of the space you have, highlighting the colorful and abundant array that edible landscapes promise.
Crystal Stevensis an author, an artist/art teacher, a folk herbalist, a regenerative farmer, and a Permaculturist. She is the co-founder of Flourish, and the author of award-winningGrow Create Inspire, andWorms at Work. Crystal lives with her husband and two children on a 10-acre permaculture-inspired micro farm along the rolling hills of the Mississippi River. www.growcreateinspire.com