The Supreme Court (eBook)
Sobre o livro
Connecting recent events to their effects on the courts, policy, and society, theThirteenth EditionofThe Supreme Court provides a brief yet comprehensive introduction to the U.S. Supreme Court. In successive chapters, the book examines major aspects of the Court, including
- the selection, backgrounds, and departures of justices;
- the creation of the Court's agenda;
- the decision-making process and the factors that shape the Court's decisions;
- the substance of the Court's policies;
- and the Court's impact on government and American society.
Delving deeply into personalities and procedures, author Lawrence Baum provides a balanced explanation of the Court’s actions and the behavior of its justices as he reveals its complexity, reach, and influence. Updated with the most recent data displayed in a lively photo program, the new edition of this bestseller is one of the most engaging books on this subject available.