Simplifying Cause Analysis (eBook)
A Structured Approach
de Chester D. Rowe
Sobre o livro
When the challenge is to get to the heart of a problem, you need a simple and efficient cause investigation methodology. And what would make a real difference would be an interactive map to lead you to the answer every time. Chester Rowes Simplifying Cause Analysis: A Structured Approach is your instruction book combined with the included downloadable Interactive Cause Analysis Tool you have been looking for.
The author intends this book for professionals like you, who have some familiarity with cause analysis projects and are looking for a simple and efficient cause investigation methodology is a more effective and insightful way of asking why?
Introducing his multi-function event investigation tool, Chester Rowe says, There are already many scientific tools to help us understand the physical causes for machine failures; the challenge now is to find a way of investigating human performance failure modeshumans are often a major source of slips, lapses, and mistakes.
Supporting his instructions with diagrams, charts, and real-world examples from companies like yours, the author takes you step-by-step through planning, completing, and documenting your investigation:
- Chapter 1 gives you a process to determine the level of effort that your investigation should encompass, assess the level of effort needed, and determine the rigor needed. Your investigation needs to be as risk-informed as possible.
- Chapters 2 through 5 presents a new and innovative structure rigorous yet intuitively easy to remember to identify the underlying causes for the event (Cause Road Maps) and conduct the investigation.
- Chapter 6 introduces conceptual human performance models and tells you how to begin focusing on the human behaviors involved.
- Chapters 7 and 8 present you with methods, tools, and techniques for carefully interviewing personnel.
- Chapters 9 through 13 put the pieces together, showing you how to analyze and model the event, determine corrective action, and document the investigations and findings.
Chester Rowe developed the Cause Road Map over many years to provide a comprehensive taxonomy for every cause investigation. However, fully implementing the Cause Road Map requires the use of other tools to organize, analyze, and present the final results of your investigation. To get you started, Rowe includes his downloadable Interactive Cause Analysis Tool an easy-to-use tool in familiar spreadsheet format free with your verified purchase of the book.