Riding The Wave (eBook)
Teacher Strategies For Navigating Change And Strengthening Key Relationships (Navigate Changes In Education And Achieve Professional Fulfillment By Bu
Sobre o livro
Deftly navigate the constant cycles of change and reform with the support of this actionable resource. Author Jeremy S. Adams identifies five key teacher relationships--the self, students, colleagues, administrators, and the community--and outlines how change impacts each. Discover concrete strategies for not only strengthening these relationships but also rediscovering professional purpose and truly thriving in the classroom.
Use this resource's practical strategies to navigate changes in the teaching profession:
- Recognize the waves of change that are characteristic of 21st century education.
- Explore the dynamics of the five key relationships in which classroom teachers are involved.
- Identify the ways in which teacher morale affects teacher efficacy and collaboration, as well as overall school morale.
- Reflect on and respond to the problem or strategy presented at the end of every section.
- Learn specific research-based strategies for improving the five key relationships.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Part 1: The Self
Chapter 1: Recognizing the Need for Self-Care
Chapter 2: Practicing Self-Care
Part 2: Students
Chapter 3: Understanding Stress Among the Desks
Chapter 4: Promoting Learning and Mitigating Student Anxiety
Part 3: Colleagues
Chapter 5: Unraveling the Conflict Among Teachers
Chapter 6: Committing to Teacher Collaboration
Part 4: Administration
Chapter 7: Identifying Divergent Teacher and Principal Perspectives
Chapter 8: Maintaining Staff Cohesion Through Communication
Part 5: The Community
Chapter 9: Viewing Education From a Distance
Chapter 10: Connecting Citizens and Schools
References and Resources