Sobre o livro
Research is something Education students often struggle with; for many it’s intimidating, alien and they don’t always see how it relates to their course. When we asked the authors what common problems students struggle with they said:
- Not understanding research methodology and the framework within which to conduct research
- Not being about to think of a research study and then determine the theory which should underpin it.
- Determining whether their project should have a quantitative element.
- Think of a design for their research and then struggle with the volume of data and know how to analyse it
As a result, the authors have designed this book with their early childhood student in mind to help them through the research process. The book covers the whole research journey both in terms of understanding the different methodologies & principles and in actually undertaking a research project. It follows a linear and progressive structure that logically helps students work through their course. In this new edition, the chapters have been reorganized to better suit the learning journey and a brand new reader guide to research at the start of the book has been added to aid navigation. A new chapter on research proposals as well as more on alternative ways of presenting research have also been added.
The book assumes no prior knowledge and really introduces the topics to beginners in simple terms. The supportive writing style and the way difficult concepts are clearly explained is often feedback we hear from both lecturers and students.Once students have gained confidence, they are able to delve into the further reading suggestions and the topics and content covered extend into enough depth for those who want to go further in their studies. This means students really can use it throughout their whole course.
- Research in Focus boxes look at international published examples of research to show what it looks like in the real world and understand the effects and implications. (Countries covered are USA, Canada, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, England, Norway, Sweden, Finland, France, Italy, Belgium, South Africa, India, Singapore, Australia & New Zealand.)
- Activities for students to work through help them cement knowledge and understanding.
- Case Studies give examples and scenarios of real student research. These demonstrate best practice and show students how to present their findings in a way that conveys the decisions they have made in their own personal style rather than rather than regurgitating textbooks.
- Extended glossary which gets students familiar with complicated terminology.
This newThird Edition now comes with a SAGE edge Companion Website and includes:
- Videos pre-chapter relating to chapter outcomes
- Flashcard glossary to consolidate learning
- MCQs to test understanding
Penny Mukherji and Deborah Albon will be discussing ideas fromResearch Methods in Early Childhood in the SAGE Early Years Masterclass, a free professional development experience hosted by Kathy Brodie. To sign up, or for more information, click
Detalhes do produto
Quem comprou também comprou