Power Talk (eBook)
Insights From Asia'S Leading Entrepreneurs
de Karen Lam
Sobre o livro
What drives success in Asia?
How did the pioneers do what they did, how are they planning their succession?
What are their views on life and family?
After six seasons of Channel News Asia'sPower List Asia, with 73 episodes high-powered guests, over 26,000 manhours of pre- and post-production and 130,000 airmiles, comesPower Talk. Distilling the very best and most memorable conversations with various head honchos, Karen Lam sits down (not on television this time) to compile the best business ideas, personal philosophies, attitudes and intriguing stories into common themes of leadership and entrepreneurship in Asia.
Featuring more than 20 Powerlisters and a range of topics such as crisis management, brand building, expanding westward and succession planning,Power Talk is a must-read for any Asian entrepreneur on the cusp of that next league.Contents:
- The Pioneers:
- The Master Networker(Mochtar Riady, Lippo Group, Indonesia)
- The Dowager of Chinese Luxury(Balbina Wong, Lane Crawford Joyce Group, Hong Kong)
- Having His Cake and Eating It(John Gokongwei Jr, JG Summit, The Philippines)
- Succession to a Tee after Seven Generations(Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala, Ayala Corporation, The Philippines)
- The Best Man for the Job(Roger Lee, TAL Group, Hong Kong)
- Bollywood or Business?(Anand Mahindra, Mahindra & Mahindra, India)
- East Goes West:
- A Prophet is Not Accepted in His Own Country(Francis Yeoh, YTL Corporation, Malaysia)
- Pacing with the Best(Tony Lo, Giant Bicycles, Taiwan)
- The Mettle to Take on the World(Kumar Mangalam Birla, Aditya Birla Group, India)
- Growing Local Brands:
- Refreshing India(Schauna Chauhan, Parle Agro, India)
- The Rise of Sari Roti(Wendy Yap, Nippon Indosari Corpindo, Indonesia)
- Tech Upstarts:
- The Chinese Internet Pioneer(Charles Zhang, Sohu.com, China)
- The Ride of Their Lives(Bhavish Aggarwal, Ola, India and Tan Hooi Ling, Grab, Singapore)
- Taking Indians around the World(Deep Kalra, MakeMyTrip, India)
- Union by Algorithms(Anupam Mittal, People Group, India)
- Crisis Management:
- Calm Amid the Storm(Chanda Kochhar, ICICI Bank, India)
- From Regional Epidemic to Global Crisis(Koh Boon Hwee, Development Bank of Singapore and Singapore Airlines, Singapore)
- Leader as Communicator:
- Now Everyone Knows Him(Tony Fernandes, AirAsia, Malaysia)
- The Cross-dresser Chairman(Allan Zeman, Lan Kwai Fong & Ocean Park, Hong Kong)
- The Sunday Email Leader(Liew Mun Leong, CapitaLand & Changi Airport Group, Singapore)
- A Foundation for the Mind(Jeffrey Cheah, The Jeffrey Cheah Foundation and Sunway Group, Malaysia)
- Giving in All Seasons for All Reasons(Tahir, Tahir Foundation and Mayapada Group, Indonesia)
Readership: General public.
Entrepreneurship;Asia;Asian Entrepreneurship;Business in Asia;Power List Asia
"Karens interviewees were a veritable whos who in Asia … Entrepreneurs who reflect the diversity of Asia, the different routes and paths to success, but who are bound together by common themes on life, family and values. This is what Power Talk has managed to capture, and in essence, what Channel NewsAsia was meant to do … I would recommend it to anyone who wants to understand entrepreneurship in Asia."