Personalizing Leraning Through Voice And Choice (eBook)
(Increasing Student Engagement In The Classroom)
de Adam Garry, Lauren Hobbs e Amos Fodchuk
Sobre o livro
Part of the Solutions for Creating the Learning Spaces Students Deserve series.With Foreword by William M. Ferriter
Personal investment in learning is critical for every student. This concise, practical book introduces the key concepts of personalized learning and breaks down what personalized learning looks, sounds, and feels like in the classroom. The authors reveal structures that empower student voice and choice across a school and lead to increased motivation for students. They also share stories about real students who have had the life-changing opportunity to design their own learning experiences.
Increase student engagement in the classroom using personalized learning techniques:
- Receive inspiration that will help you change the culture of learning and student support and increase motivation for students.
- Quickly learn the roles of students, teachers, school site administrators, and district administrators in this culture change.
- Explore readiness tiers, indicators, student supports, and student engagement strategies, including personal learning plans, all in a quick-read format.
- Uncover right-now ideas for engaging students in important curricular decisions.
- Discover ways to amplify student voices within school as a whole.
Foreword by William M. Ferriter
Introduction: Defining Moments and Defining Terms
Chapter 1: Empowering Learner Voice
Chapter 2: Empowering Learner Choice
Chapter 3: Empowering Learner Voice and Choice at Scale
Epilogue: The Personalized Approach
Books in the Solutions for Creating the Learning Spaces Students Deserve series:
- Embracing a Culture of Joy
- Creating a Culture of Feedback
- Reimagining Literacy Through Global Collaboration
- Making Learning Flow
- Different Schools for a Different World
- Personalizing Learning Through Voice and Choice