Now Classrooms Leader'S Guide (eBook)
Enhancing Teaching And Learning Through Technology (A School Improvement Plan For The 21st Century)
de Meg Ormiston, Cathy Fisher, Jamie Reilly, Becky Fischer, Jordan Garrett, Robin Bruebach, Steven M. Griesbach e Courtney Orzel
Sobre o livro
Part of the NOW Classrooms series.
With a clear vision for action, school and district leaders can establish a creative, collaborative school climate that equips students with the 21st century skills necessary to thrive in the connected world. Part of the NOW Classrooms series, this guidebook outlines a flexible framework that school leaders can use to drive instructional innovation and create an engaging, student-centered learning environment using technology.
The guide will help school leadership and management create 21st century schools:
- Understand that real transformational change results from teaching and learning, not ever-changing digital devices.
- Learn how to bring communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity to the center of classrooms in grades K-12 and increase digital citizenship.
- Review education tech tools, digital platforms, and other online options for managing building- and district-level changes now and in the future.
- Explore how to address varied leaders' and staff members' willingness to shift the school culture.
- Follow a school improvement plan designed to lead real, systemic change in a school.
Chapter 1: The Why: Creating and Communicating a Vision for Change
Chapter 2: The What: Planning the Launch
Chapter 3: The How: Defining and Deploying Essential Resources
Chapter 4: The Then What: Providing Professional Development and Sharing Your Story
Chapter 5: A Shifting Vision
Appendix A: Grade-Band Books at a Glance
Appendix B: Technology Tools, Apps, Terms, and Resources
References and Resources
Books in the NOW Classrooms series:
- NOW Classrooms, Leader's Guide
- NOW Classrooms, Grades K-2
- NOW Classrooms, Grades 3-5
- NOW Classrooms, Grades 6-8
- NOW Classrooms, Grades 9-12