Managing And Sharing Research Data (eBook)
A Guide To Good Practice
Sobre o livro
Written by experts at the UK Data Archive, with over thirty years of experience in working with and teaching people to work with data, this book is the globally-reaching guide for any postgraduate student or researcher looking to build their data management skills.
Focused on both primary and secondary data and packed with checklists and templates, it contains everything readers need to know for managing all types data before, during, and after the research process. Building on foundational data management techniques, it offers practical advice and insight into the unique skills needed to work with newer forms of data, like social media and big data.
It also demonstrates how to:
- Identify quality data that is credible, ethically-sound, and available for use
- Choose and collect data suitable for particular research questions and project scopes
- Work with personal, communal, administrative, and other sensitive and public data
- Make the most of metadata
- Visualise and share data using innovative platforms like blogs, infographics, and podcasts.