Introducing Comparative Politics (eBook)
de Stephen W. Orvis e Carol Ann Drogus
Sobre o livro
Introducing Comparative Politics: The Essentials is organized thematically around the essential questions in comparative politics—Who rules? What explains political behavior? Where and why? Adapted from the authors’Introducing Comparative Politics, Fourth Edition,The Essentials version offers the same framework for understanding comparative politics in a briefer format. Instructors have greater flexibility in teaching the course becausethis version ofStephen Orvis and Carol Ann Drogus’ best-seller does not include extended case studies. Loaded with contemporary examples and up-to-date research, this streamlined text helps students engage with the critical issues shaping global politics today.
- Chapter-opening key questions help you focus on the key issues as you are reading. The chapters sometimes provide conclusive answers to the key questions, but more often they show you different ways the questions can be answered or approached.
- Multiple “In Context” features in every chapter illustrate basic data about the chapter topics so you can set that idea into a comparative (and sometimes provocative) context.
- Critical Inquiryfeatures highlight methodological issues in comparative politics, providing a gateway for empirical study and analysis.
- More than a hundredfull color tables, figures, and maps help you visualize comparative data and better understand concepts.
- End-of-chapter lists of key concepts with page references are included to help you easily study and review the concepts, and alist of works cited and list of important print and electronic references offer you resources for further research.