How To Probate An Estate In California (eBook)
de Lisa Fialco e Julia Nissley
Sobre o livro
Handle probate yourself - and save time and money
When you've lost a loved one, the inevitable legal matters can seem difficult and confusing. But in most cases, probate involves little more than routine paperwork to transfer assets to family members and other beneficiaries.
How to Probate an Estate in California explains, step-by-step, how to wrap up a basic estate. Whether you do it yourself or work with a lawyer, you'll save money and time.
With this easy-to-follow guide, you'll learn how to:
- read and understand a will or trust
- determine who inherits if there is no will
- pay bills and taxes
- complete and file all necessary court paperwork
- collect life insurance and other death benefits
- transfer real estate, securities, vehicles, and other assets to heirs and beneficiaries
- transfer some assets without probate
Every page of this new edition has been reviewed and revised by a practicing probate lawyer. It provides fresh and accurate information about probating an estate in California.