Genesis To Revelation: Genesis Leader Guide (eBook)
A Comprehensive Verse-By-Verse Exploration Of The Bible
de Walter J. Harrelson
Sobre o livro
Study the entire Book of Genesis,beginning with the creation story and ending with Jacob and his family reuniting. Some of the major ideas explored in this Book of the Bible are: personal relationship with God, the mystery of God, God's unconditional love, courage to face the unknown, and turning evil into good.Leader Guide includes:
- A verse-by-verse, in-depth look at the Scriptures.
- Background material, including word studies and history of the biblical setting.
- Answers to questions asked in the Participant Book.
- Application of the Scripture to daily life situations.
- Discussion suggestions.
- A variety of study options.
- Practical tips for leaders to use.
More than 3.5 million copies of the series have been sold.
This revision of the Abingdon classicGenesis to Revelation Series is a comprehensive, verse-by-verse, book-by-book study of the Bible based on the NIV. These studies help readers strengthen their understanding and appreciation of the Bible by enabling them to engage the Scripture on three levels:
- What does the Bible say? Suggests questions for participants to consider as they read the passage for each session.
- What does the passage mean? Unpacks key verses in the selected passage.
- How does the Scripture relate to my life? Provides three major ideas that have meaning for our lives today. The meaning of the selected passages are made clear by considering such aspects as ancient customs, locations of places, and the meanings of words.
The meaning of the selected passages are made clear by considering such aspects as ancient customs, locations of places, and the meanings of words. The simple format makes the study easy to use. Includes maps and glossary with key pronunciation helps.Updates will include:
- New cover designs and interior designs.
- Leader Guide per matching Participant Book (rather than multiple volumes in one book).
- Updated to 2011 revision of the New International Version translation (NIV)and references toNew Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible.
- Biblical chapters on the contents page beside session lesson titles for at-a-glance overview of biblical structure.
- Larger divisions within the contents page to reflect macro-structure of each biblical book. For example, Genesis 1-11; Genesis 12-50; Exodus 1-15; Exodus 16-40; Isaiah1-39; Isaiah 40-66.
The simple format makes the study easy to use. Each volume contains 13 sessions and has a separate Leader Guide.