Achieving Meaning And Authenticity In Your Life And Work
de J. Douglas Holladay
Sobre o livro
Many of us know in our private moments that something is utterly wrong with the success narrative that we've bought into. It can be exhausting, always presenting our game faceprojecting only a story of strength and possibility. As many successful people have learned, it can lead to profound loneliness, imprisoning us in the perceived expectations of others. The fallout for many can be angst, emptiness, and a feeling that we've wasted our lives chasing approval.
But your peers and colleagues don't want you to be perfect, just authentic. We are drawn to people who are real.
Based on conversations with hundreds of executives and MBAs, and rooted in his personal practice, J. Douglas Holladay speaks to this crisis of meaning, one that is often shared by both accomplished businesspeople and young professionals who are just entering the workforce.
Flourishing is rooted in six core questions:
- Have you accepted your unique life story and identified the audience that you seek to please?
- What value do you place on genuine relationships?
- What is the place of gratitude and risk in your narrative?
- How do you define success and understand the value of failure, suffering, and setback in shaping you?
- What is the place of forgiveness?
- Will you live a fully integrated life?
The insights youll glean can be life changing, showing you how to make the best version of yourself--more genuine and grounded in a narrative rich with meaning.