Finding Serenity (eBook)
How Yoga And Positive Self-Talk Can Take You From Not-My-Day To Namaste
de Holly Mcdonald
Sobre o livro
Yoga is the answer to everything, right?
That’s what many studios, instructors, clothing manufacturers and advertising companies would like you to believe, and itis certainly a great place to start.
But sometimes a deeper level of self-care and introspection is necessary to help you move past your daily stressors, childhood trauma or anxiety to find a place of inner peace.
Join Holly Valentine-McDonald as she takes a refreshing look at what lies beyond the mat, combining various types of yoga, breathwork, and Cognitive Behavioural psychology coping techniques to get you out of your negative headspace, and move you closer to a place of peacefulBE-ing—whatever your age or stage in life.
Learn from Valentine-McDonald’s inspiring journey from being an A+ people-pleaser in a high-stress career, to finishing two Master’s degrees as an adult learner; and see how her evolution from yoga enthusiast to teacher and therapist helped take her beyond negative self-talk, childhood trauma, alcohol abuse, anxiety and depression.
Valentine-McDonald’s work will help you deal with anxiety and past trauma by:
- Increasing your awareness of triggers and how to avoid them
- Enhancing your sense of calm in stressful situations
- Accepting the past and moving forward in peace, love and forgiveness
- Granting yourself permission to practice self-care
- Altering the soundtrack in your head with positive self-talk and breathwork
- Demonstrating yoga poses that will support your introspective journey
Finding Serenity is your guide to moving past your Not-My-Day mindset, into a positive, heart-centred ‘Namaste’ headspace, enriching your journey along the way.