Executor'S Guide, The (eBook)
Settling A Loved One'S Estate Or Trust
Sobre o livro
The Executor's Guide shows someone who's wrapping up a loved one's estate how to proceed, step by step. It explains what must be done right away and what can wait, and guides readers through a land of unfamiliar legal procedures and terminology.
- preparing for the job of executor or trustee
- the first steps to take
- claiming life insurance, Social Security, and other benefits
- making sense of a will
- what to do if there is no will
- how to determine whether probate is necessary--it may not be!
- managing assets a child inherits
- an overview of probate court proceedings
- what you can do to avoid disputes with family members
- handling trusts
- looking up your state's laws, and
- working with lawyers, appraisers, accountants and other experts.