Essential Earthbag Construction (eBook)
The Complete Step-By-Step Guide
de Kelly Hart
Sobre o livro
Earthbag construction — building with polypropylene bags usually filled with earthen materials — is a versatile, easy-to-master, low-impact, and highly durable form of building, suitable for structures from houses to root cellars.
Containing over 75 photos and illustrations,Essential Earthbag Construction is a practical guide to this affordable method of building. Going well beyond the scope of other sources, this indispensable manual is packed with all the information you need to determine if it's the right choice for your project, and to start building. Distilling decades of experience, research, and best practices, it covers:
- Material specifications, performance, and when and where to use it
- Pros and cons of different fills from gravel, to earth and clay, to insulative perlite, rice hulls, and volcanic stone
- Illustrated, step-by-step guidance for efficient bag filling and installation
- Details for various designs, including domes and arches
- Foundation options and seismic and stability considerations
- Finishing and maintenance techniques
- Tools and materials
- Additional resources.
Essential Earthbag Construction presents the practical guidance and best practices for both the DIYer and professional to design and build high-quality earthbag structures.
Kelly Hart is an earthbag builder, author, and filmmaker, and hosts the widely visited websites www.greenhomebuilding.com and www.earthbagbuilding.com. His multi-dome earthbag Colorado residence is chronicled in the videoBuilding with Bags: How We Made Our Experimental Earthbag/Papercrete House. Kelly lives in Silver City, New Mexico.