Drug Delivery Systems (eBook)
Sobre o livro
With the alarming increase in cancer diagnoses and genetic illnesses, traditional drug agents and their delivery media need to be re-evaluated to address a quickly evolving field. With newer smart materials for the controlled release of macromolecules, peptides, genetic material, etc. further complications arise, such as material performance, synthesis, functionalization and targeting, biological identity, and biocompatibility.
The book provides a comprehensive overview of the recent developments on "smart" targeting and drug delivery systems with a variety of carriers like nanoparticles, membranes, and hydrogels. It contains detailed descriptions on the recent trends in this field in the ongoing battle with catastrophic diseases like cancer. This field of research has been in its infancy and continues to face growth, and with it, further challenges and difficulties along the way toward maturity, which are accurately introduced in this book.
- Drug Delivery Systems: Possibilities and Challenges(Ryan Spitler, Saeid Zanganeh, Tahereh Jafari, Nasser Khakpash, Mohsen Erfanzadeh, Jim Q Ho, and Nastaran Sakhaie)
- Nanoparticles in Circulation: Blood Stability(Saeid Zanganeh, Tahereh Jafari, Nasser Khakpash, Mohsen Erfanzadeh, and Jim Q Ho)
- How do Nanoparticles (NPs) Pass Barriers?(Saeid Zanganeh, Ryan Spitler, Najme Javdani, and Jim Q Ho)
- Gated Porous Materials for Biomedical Application(Félix Sancenón, Erick Yu, Elena Aznar, M Dolores Marcos, and Ramón Martínez-Máñez)
- Controlled Release from Iron Oxide Nanoparticles(Masoud Rahman)
- The Reverse of Controlled Release: Controlled Sequestration of Species and Biotoxins into Nanoparticles (NPs)(Jenifer Gómez-Pastora, Eugenio Bringas, María Lázaro-Díez, José Ramos-Vivas, and Inmaculada Ortiz)
- Membranes for Controlled Release(Vida Araban, Neda Aslankoohi, and Mohammad Raoufi)
- Controlled Released from Hydrogel(Hossein Riahinezhad, Vida Araban, and Mohammad Raoufi)
- Nano Delivery Systems(Sophie Laurent, Afsaneh Lahooti, Saeed Shanehsazzadeh, and Robert N Muller)
- Legal Framework for Protection of Pharmaceutical Trade Marks in Europe and USA(Mohammad Hossein Erfanmanesh, and Shirin Sharifzadeh)
- Future Perspective on the Smart Delivery of Biomolecules(Erick Yu, Félix Sancenón, Elena Aznar, Ramón Martínez-Máñez, María Dolores Marcos, Mohammad J Hajipour, Morteza Mahmoudi, and Pieter Stroeve)
Readership: Nanotechnologists; biomedical engineers; chemical engineers; materials scientists; biotechnology researchers; chemists; biological scientists; cell physiologists; medical scientists; gene therapists.
Keywords:Drug Delivery Systems;Nanoparticles;Biomaterials;TargetingReview:Key Features:
- Comprehensive overview on "smart" targeting and drug delivery systems
- Understanding of the biological identity of nanoparticles for drug delivery applications
- Detailed information on the legal framework for protection of pharmaceutical trade mark in Europe and the United States