Different Schools For A Different World (eBook)
(School Improvement For 21st Century Skills, Global Citizenship, And Deeper Learning) (Solutions For Creating The Learning Spaces Students Deserve)
de Dean Shareski e Scott Mcleod
Sobre o livro
This resource details six key arguments for why educators must approach school improvement differently in the 21st century: (1) information literacy, (2) the economy, (3) learning, (4) boredom, (5) innovation, and (6) equity. Learn how schools are tackling these six arguments head-on in order to help students grow into global citizens, critical thinkers, innovators, and literate content consumers.
How this book will help you modernize your school culture and increase student success:
- Consider the factors that are preventing students from being successful in the global 21st-century world.
- Examine what makes traditional school improvement plans counterproductive.
- Learn about the common building blocks of deeper learning schools.
- Review the research that proves deeper learning environments enhance school results, such as student engagement and cultural competence.
- Study profiles of several deeper learning schools that epitomize the kinds of diverse organizational and instructional models emerging around the world.
Chapter 1: The Information Literacy Argument
Chapter 2: The Economic Argument
Chapter 3: The Learning Argument
Chapter 4: The Boredom Argument
Chapter 5: The Innovation Argument
Chapter 6: The Equity Argument
Chapter 7: The Alternative
References and Resources