Case Study Research And Applications (eBook)
Design And Methods
Sobre o livro
Recognized as one of themost cited methodology books in the social sciences, theSixth Edition of Robert K. Yin's bestselling text provides a complete portal to the world of case study research. With the integration of 11 applications in this edition, the book gives readers access to exemplary case studies drawn from a wide variety of academic and applied fields. Ultimately,Case Study Research and Applications will guide students in the successful design and use ofthe case study research method.
New to this Edition
- Includes 11 in-depth applications that show how researchers have implemented case study methods successfully.
- Increases reference to relativist and constructivist approaches to case study research, as well as how case studies can be part of mixed methods projects.
- Places greater emphasis on using plausible rival explanations to bolster case study quality.
- Discusses synthesizing findings across case studies in a multiple-case study in more detail
- Adds an expanded list of 15 fields that have text or texts devoted to case study research.
- Sharpens discussion of distinguishing research from non-research case studies.
- The author brings to light at least three remaining gaps to be filled in the future:
- how rival explanations can become more routinely integrated into all case study research;
- the difference between case-based and variable-based approaches to designing and analyzing case studies; and
- the relationship between case study research and qualitative research.