Cardioprotective Natural Products (eBook)
Promises And Hopes
Sobre o livro
Cardioprotective Natural Products: Promises and Hopes focuses on the recent advances in the research of bioactive natural products with cardioprotective potential against various cardiovascular diseases/disorders. The aim of this book is to underline the promise and future hope in bioactive natural molecules, herbal formulations, natural dietary supplements and related materials in the prevention and cure of cardiovascular diseases in a scientific way.
This book, which comprises a variety of about 9 chapters written by active researchers and leading experts, brings together an overview of current discoveries and trends in this field. This volume is also an outstanding source of information with regard to the industrial application of natural products for medicinal purposes. The broad interdisciplinary approach adopted in this book ensures that it is much more interesting to scientists deeply engaged in the research and/or use of bioactive natural products. It will serve not only as a valuable resource for researchers in their own fields to predict promising leads for developing pharmaceuticals to prevent and treat disease manifestations, but will hopefully also motivate young scientists to engage in the dynamic field of natural products research.
- Cardioprotective Natural Products: Promises and Hopes — An Overview(Goutam Brahmachari)
- Naturally Occurring Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibitors: A Group of Promising Cardioprotective Agents(Tayebeh Anajafi, Abbas Sedigh and Sanku Mallik )
- Promising Natural Cardioprotective Agents in Drug- and Toxin-Induced Pathophysiology(Semantee Bhattacharya and Parames C Sil)
- Natural Products Against Drug-Induced Cardiotoxicity(Meghana Koneru, Nasiruddin Nalban, Bidya Dhar Sahu and Ramakrishna Sistla )
- Cardioprotective Potential of Medicinal Plants in Attenuating Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiotoxicity(Sameer N Goyal, C R Patil, Nimisha Mishra, Rajesh Mohanraj and Shreesh Ojha)
- The Role of Dietary Supplements in Cardiovascular Diseases(Essam Abdel-Sattar, Soheir M El Zalabani and Manal M Sabry)
- Beneficial Role of Antioxidant Molecules with Therapeutic Potential in Cardiac Disease(Jyotirmoy Ghosh, Krishnendu Sinha and Parames C Sil)
- Small Molecule Phytocompounds as Promoters of LDL-Receptor and PCSK9 Inhibition: Potential Role as Non-Statin Based Cardio-Protective Agents(Ajoy Basak, Paul O'Reilly, Bethel Ozed Williams and Sarmistha Basak)
- 7,8-Dihydroxy-3-methylisochroman-4-one: A Promising Anti-Hypertensive Lead-Molecule from Banana (Musa sapientun L) Peel(Goutam Brahmachari)
Readership: Phytochemists; combinatorial chemists; pharmacologists; institutes for drug research (drug discovery and development); industrial research groups developing drugs from medicinal plants; pharmaceutical companies; manufacturers of herbal and ayurvedic medicines and cosmetic products; manufacturers of natural products; advanced and research students.
Keywords:Cardioprotective Natural Products;Cardiovascular Diseases and Related Symphtoms;Protection and Therapies;Ayurvedic/Herbal Formulations;Medicinal Compounds of Natural Origins;Therapeutic Targets;Mode of Actions;Pharmacokinetics;Drug Discovery and DevelopmentsReview:Key Features:
- Contains a variety of 10-12 chapters with written by active researchers and leading experts deeply engaged in the research field with medicinal natural products and herbal formulations
- Recent cutting-edge advances on medicinal natural products as the preventives and therapies against deadly cardiovascular diseases in a single volume
- Exhaustive and authoritative presentations of research outcomes on medicinal natural produc...