Building Effective Cybersecurity Programs (eBook)
A Security Managers Handbook
de Sscp, Cism, C|Ciso, Itil Foundation Tari Schreider
Sobre o livro
You know by now that your company could not survive without the Internet. Not in todays market. You are either part of the digital economy or reliant upon it. With critical information assets at risk, your company requires a state-of-the-art cybersecurity program. But how do you achieve the best possible program? Tari Schreider, inBuilding Effective Cybersecurity Programs: A Security Managers Handbook, lays out the step-by-step roadmap to follow as you build or enhance your cybersecurity program.
Over 30+ years, Tari Schreider has designed and implemented cybersecurity programs throughout the world, helping hundreds of companies like yours. Building on that experience, he has created a clear roadmap that will allow the process to go more smoothly for you.Building Effective Cybersecurity Programs: A Security Managers Handbook is organized around the six main steps on the roadmap that will put your cybersecurity program in place:
- Design a Cybersecurity Program
- Establish a Foundation of Governance
- Build a Threat, Vulnerability Detection, and Intelligence Capability
- Build a Cyber Risk Management Capability
- Implement a Defense-in-Depth Strategy
- Apply Service Management to Cybersecurity Programs
Because Schreider has researched and analyzed over 150 cybersecurity architectures, frameworks, and models, he has saved you hundreds of hours of research. He sets you up for success by talking to you directly as a friend and colleague, using practical examples. His book helps you to:
- Identify the proper cybersecurity program roles and responsibilities.
- Classify assets and identify vulnerabilities.
- Define an effective cybersecurity governance foundation.
- Evaluate the top governance frameworks and models.
- Automate your governance program to make it more effective.
- Integrate security into your application development process.
- Apply defense-in-depth as a multi-dimensional strategy.
- Implement a service management approach to implementing countermeasures.
With this handbook, you can move forward confidently, trusting that Schreider is recommending the best components of a cybersecurity program for you. In addition, the book provides hundreds of citations and references allow you to dig deeper as you explore specific topics relevant to your organization or your studies.