Braver Than You Think (eBook)
How To Help Your Child With A Disability Live Their Best Life
de Emily Hayles
Sobre o livro
Every parent wants the best for their child. But if your child has been diagnosed with a developmental delay or disability, there can be a lot of uncertainty…
How can you help your child to be the best they can be?
How do you know if you are doing the right things for your child?
And how can you help your child to lead a good life?
Braver Than You Think is here to help you in your journey as a parent of a child with a disability. In this book, you will learn the 5 BRAVE principles that will help you to help your child live their best life:
- Being aware of, identifying and getting help for your child’s needs as early as possible so you can give them the best chance to develop
- Recognising your child’s unique strengths and needs across all areas of their life and how they relate to each other
- Assisting your child to be as independent as possible, and not insisting on doing too much for them
- Validating your child and helping them to develop a strong self-identity
- Empowering and looking after yourself and your family, and fitting your child’s needs into a life you choose.
Filled with clear information, practical advice and strategies and case examples to help you learn from other parents and children,Braver Than You Think will help you develop the confidence that you can make good decisions about your child’s care, and that ultimately you can help your child to lead a happy, fulfilled and meaningful life.