A Journal Of The Plague Year (eBook)
de Daniel Defoe
Sobre o livro
A Journal of the Plague Year vividly depicts one of the most harrowing episodes of English history. Follow Daniel Defoe as he experiences the spread of the plague in London in 1665. Even though about a quarter of the population died and many more got infected, he manages to survive unscathed. Learn the different facets of the experience, how the local authorities organize the response, which actions work, how the poor fare, and who flees.
It is a riveting story, a matter of life and death. Whoever has better information has higher probabilities of surviving.This edition is very easy to read as it has the following bonus material. To find passages easily:
- Descriptive Table of Contents
- Top Excerpts section
- Summary by Chapter section
- Map of the London Plague of 1665.
- Table describing the geographical spread of the epidemic.
- Table organizing the timeline of the evolution of the plague.
All in all, the most easy-to-read, fun edition of this classic.