A Good Meal Is Hard To Find (eBook)
Storied Recipes From The Deep South
de Amy C. Evans e Martha Hall Foose
Sobre o livro
A Good Meal Is Hard to Find is more than just a cookbook: it's a love letter to the women and food of the Deep South.
With charming narratives, visual storytelling, and delectable recipes,A Good Meal Is Hard to Find is everything you've ever wanted in a Southern cookbook.
Inside are 60 go-to recipes organized into five chapters—Morning's Glories, Lingering Lunches, Dinner Dates & Late-Night Takes, Afternoon Pick-Me-Ups, and Anytime Sweets.Written by award-winning cookbook author and Southern food expert Martha Hall Foose.
• Each of the 60 recipes opens with a short vignette about a story about a unique Southern character.
• Divided into five chapters from breakfast to dinner, with cocktails and desserts in between
• Recipes paired with gorgeous, vintage-inspired oil paintings by Amy C. Evans
Inspired by generations of storytelling and Southern comfort food, this genre-bending cookbook is a must-have for cookbook lovers, vintage collectors, and Southern cooking enthusiasts alike.
Recipes include Francine's Strawberry-Glazed Doughnuts, Camille's Bridge Club Egg Salad, The Suzy B's Spinach and Mushroom Frito Pie, Stella's Harissa Gold Chicken, and Estelle's Butterscotch Pound Cake.• Master the art of traditional Southern cooking and soul food.
• Perfect for fans ofPoole's: Recipes and Stores from a Modern Diner by Ashley Christensen,Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines, andHeritage by Sean Brock
• A great cookbook for readers of Southern Living and Garden & Gun