2016 Growth Slowdown Analysis, Ease Of Doing Business Index, And Annual Competitiveness Studies Of Indonesia'S Sub-National Economies (eBook)
de Mulya Amri;Nursyahida Ahmad;Kong Yam Tan; e Khee Giap Tan
Sobre o livro
This book is an update of the annual flagship study by the Asia Competitiveness Institute at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, that dissects Indonesia's sub-national competitiveness at both the provincial level (covering 34 provinces) and the regional level (covering six major island groups). Based on a rich dataset of 100 indicators, the study covers four environments of competitiveness: (1) Macroeconomic Stability, (2) Government and Institutional Setting, (3) Financial, Businesses, and Manpower Conditions, and (4) Quality of Life and Infrastructure Development. It also presents each province and region's comparative strengths and weaknesses, and conducts "what-if" policy simulations to propose policy suggestions.
Aside from exploring competitiveness, the book also features empirical research on the determinants of growth slowdown in Indonesian provinces and its impact on policy implications. It also features the inaugural Ease of Doing Business Index on Attractiveness to Investors, Business Friendliness and Competitive Policies (EDB Index ABC) for Indonesian provinces. Coupled with practical insights and policy implications, this book is a recommended read for policymakers, researchers, and the general audience interested in Indonesia's economic development.Contents:
- 2016 Annual Update on Competitiveness Analysis of Indonesian Provinces
- 2016 Annual Update on Competitiveness Analysis of Indonesian Regions
- Growth Slowdown Analysis by Income Thresholds for Indonesia's Sub-National Economies
- 2016 Inaugural Ease of Doing Business Index on Attractiveness to Investors, Business Friendliness and Competitive Policies (EDB Index ABC) for Indonesian Provinces
Readership: Policymakers, researchers, and the general audience interested in Indonesia's economic development.
Keywords:Competitiveness;Indonesia;Indonesian Provinces;Growth Slowdown;Ease of Doing Business;Economic Development;Global Commodity Price Bust;Commodity-Exporting Country;Governing InstitutionsReview:
"The ACI survey provides critical policy insights on competitiveness to lay the groundwork for governments to frame and improve their competitiveness policies, and provides guidance for business-seeking entities to enter the market."
Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs, Republic of Indonesia
"As I have mentioned several times, this research is very important for Indonesia ... I recommend that this research result be disseminated to all Indonesian bureaucrats of the central government as well as the provincial level."
School of Business and Management, Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- This is the only annual study of Indonesia's sub-national competitiveness landscape which is conducted impartially and aimed towards Indonesian policymakers as well as the international audience
- The book presents a comprehensive analysis based on an extensive dataset sourced from formal statistics as well as surveys conducted jointly with the government, business owners, and academic institutions in all Indonesian provinces
- In this installment of the series, the book features an empirical study on growth slowdown by income thresholds in Indonesia's provinces as well as the inaugural Ease of Doing Business Index on Attractiveness to Investors, Business Friendliness and Competitive Policies (EDB Index ABC) for Indonesian provinces